The COVID-19 has been an extremely challenging time for all of us, especially children. In response to the pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns, children may be struggling with feelings of fear anxiety and isolation. Parents need to check their children for behavior changes and signs of distress.
Some of the warning signs may include:
- Uncertainty or frustration
What you can do to help:
- Unplug: as a family take a few hours every day to unplug from social media and TV
- Stick to a schedule: children thrive on routine
- Manage your own anxieties: children can absorb the feelings and energies their parents are releasing be mindful of how to own concerns and worries might impact your child
- Have honest conversations with the children and listen to their concerns: Don’t forget to take care of yourself. You cannot take care of your children if you’re struggling too.
As always, the team at Twins Family Foundations is here to help with any questions or concerns.